1. About this Policy: Effective Date: November 12, 2020.
2. Changes to this Policy: BLA may update this Policy from time to time. If any material changes are made to this Policy that will adversely impact you, BLA will notify you by posting a notice identifying the specific changes on this Website.
3. Information Collected:
- Voluntarily Provided Information – BLA may collect your name and email address, and may further collect your address or phone number and company name, if applicable. BLA may also collect any information voluntarily provided in any submission made by you through this Website, including any answers to questionnaires that you elect to complete.
- Social Media – If you connect to this Webpage from a social media network, such as LinkedIn or Facebook, we may collect information from the social media network in accordance with your privacy settings on that network. Such information may include your name, profile picture, network, gender, username, user ID, age or age range, language, country, friends list, follower list, and any other information you have agreed it can share or that it provides to BLA. We will assume that such social media networks or other third parties are entitled to collect and share such information with BLA.
- Client Provided Information – If you decide to engage BLA, then BLA may request additional information from you in order to provide the requested services, including but not limited to, personal information about others, such as your employees, directors, or business contacts. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a legal basis to process such information and transfer it to BLA. Once it is transferred to BLA, BLA may then process and disclose such personal information as described in this Policy.”
4. Information Usage: BLA may use the information collected: (i) during the course of the attorney-client relationship, if any; (ii) during the course of any consulting engagement, if any; (iii) to prepare an engagement letter; (iv) to update client records, if applicable; (v) to provide a response/feedback from BLA; (v)i to send out information about events, seminars, or other services that might interest you; (vi) to improve this Website’s functionality and the security of your information; and (vii) to comply with any legal or regulatory inquiries or requests.
5. Information Sharing: BLA may share the information collected to: (i) professional advisers, partners, and agents of BLA to provide you with local legal services, as required, and to administer BLA’s relationship with you; (ii) necessary vendors such as IT service providers, cloud-based solutions, third party companies providing BLA with business analytics and statistics to assist with its marketing campaigns (please note BLA contracts with all vendors to ensure they only process information collected at BLA’s instructions and to ensure the security and confidentiality of the information collected); (iii) any law enforcement, regulatory, or government agency requesting the collected information in connection with any inquiry, subpoena, court order, or other legal or regulatory procedures, that BLA would need to comply with (BLA may also share the information collected to establish or protect the BLA’s legal rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims; and (iv) any third party connected with business transfers (BLA may transfer the information collected to third parties in connection with a reorganization, restructuring, merger, acquisition, or transferring of assets of BLA, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat the information collected in accordance with this Policy).With respect to any linked websites, such as YouTube and Amazon, BLA is not responsible for their data policies, procedures or content.
6. California Residents: If you are a California resident, subject to the certain exceptions set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”), you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, as defined in the CCPA; request the reason BLA collects the information; and to request a copy/correction/cessation of use of the personal information collected without fear of discriminatory treatment. Furthermore, BLA cannot disclose specific pieces of such personal information if the disclosure would create a “substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the personal information, your account with BLA, or the security of BLA’s network systems.” If you would like to assert any of these rights, please contact Stuart Sorkin by email at email@example.com or contact BLA at 301-288-3240.
In the preceding 12 months, BLA may have collected and processed personal information, as defined in the CCPA, for the following purposes: (i) detecting security incidents/risks; (ii) performing professional services for BLA’s clients; and (iii) undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of BLA’s services, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance BLA’s services.
Additionally, in the preceding 12 months, BLA may have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose the categories of information listed above, however, BLA has not sold any of such information.
7. Security of the Information Collected: BLA uses its best commercial efforts to protect this Website and your information, however, the internet is not flawless. Therefore, BLA does not guarantee that the use this Website or any emails will be completely safe and secure, and encourage you to use all precautions.
- Information Storage – BLA retains any and all collected information for as long as necessary to conduct the activities described in this Policy or for so long as necessary to comply with any statutory laws and/or regulatory requirements. When BLA no longer needs the information collected, BLA will either delete or anonymize your collected information.
- Minors – BLA does not knowingly collect any personal information about any individuals under the age of sixteen (16) without the consent of such individual’s parents or legal guardians, or as permitted under applicable law.
- International Transfer of Information – BLA is located in the United States, therefore, it is possible that the information provided may be stored outside of the country or jurisdiction in which you are located.
- We may transfer, use, or store your personal information outside of your home jurisdiction and, therefore, the laws of some of these destination jurisdictions may not offer the same standard of protection for personal information as your home country.
If you have any questions, please contact Stuart Sorkin at Stuart@businessandlegaladvisors.com
© 2020 The Business and Legal Advisors, LLC; all rights are reserved